Birmingham, West Midlands
£16.00 - £18.00 per hour
5 months ago
Location: Castle Bromwich, Birmingham
Salary: £16-£18 per hour + Market leading Benefits
Our client is growing at a very fast paced in Automation industry. The company design and build Special Purpose Machines for a variety of sectors involved in high volume production. The client list includes many international companies involved in pharmaceutical, consumer goods and packaging industries and the equipment is widely regarded as the market leader. This is a great opportunity to join a successful growing team.
The Key responsibilities are:
Programming, setting and operating a Haas TM-2P CNC milling machine.
* Control of raw materials, tooling and equipment.
* Balancing workloads between new design and re-work machining.
* Scheduling work priority to ensure delivery across multiple projects simultaneously.
* Working collaboratively with colleagues in the engineering, operations and commercial teams.
* Attending and participating in team production and planning meetings.
* Day-to-day management and development of machine shop staff (currently two manual machinists).
* Ensuring machine uptime and departmental overtime are maintained at the required levels.
* Identification and justification of opportunities to invest in new equipment, processes and resources.
* Leading improvement and development activities within the machine shop.
For all your hard-work and dedication to your role, you will be rewarded with an hourly rate upto £18 per hour. This also includes a market leading benefits package including opportunities to progress into different teams in the future. Further additional training is also provided.
*Programming, setting and operating CNC milling machines; Haas experience to be an advantage.
*Experience with offline programming; OneCNC experience to be an advantage.
*A good working knowledge of machine shop equipment and processes.
*Experience in the specification and justification of new equipment to be advantageous.
*A background in a fast paced, dynamic machine shop environment would be beneficial.
*The desire to join a dynamic team, and help drive their department forward.
*A positive outlook with a natural enthusiasm for making improvements.
*Ability to lead, and inspire their team to perform.
*Disciplined, well organised and passionate about achieving their goals.
*A keen eye for detail; the ability to inspect their own work as well as that of others.
*Prior experience of supervising a machine shop would be advantageous, but is not essential.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010, if you require an alternative form of application please click the following link: Flexible Application Process - https://www.theecsgroup.co.uk/work/flexible-application-process