£200 - £225 per day
4 months ago
The role requires experience in packaging end to end. Use of virtual machines and AppSense is a must. This is not a sole apps packaging role and candidates should be aware that versatility and a willingness to learn other tasks is important.
* Repackaging of application installation routines from COTS and bespoke source installation media.
* Generating and documenting new Application packages in response to requirements.
* Definition and configuration of Application.
* Software integration and compatibility testing in a Win 7 environment.
* Ensuring that packaged products meet set requirements and specifications.
* Carry out troubleshooting/fault resolution activities where required.
* Customer engagement to manage UAT activities
* Configuration of applications / OS images within the client delivery infrastructure.
* Provide a 2nd / 3rd incident assistance for managed packages
* Provide packaging expertise as part of a delivery programme
Essential experience required:
* Experience of Windows registry and file system.
* A thorough administrator level understanding of Windows 7 and Windows 10
* Knowledge and practical experience of application packaging methodologies and toolsets (MSI, Virtual Machines, Appsense etc)
* Active directory understanding and administration (specifically in the area of group policy management)
* Image creation and deployment, e.g. MDT, creation of WIM's, task sequences, etc)
* Windows scripting languages, PowerShell etc
* Systems management, using Microsoft SCCM as the deployment infrastructure
Futher information available upon application.